The Links, Incorporated is an international, not-for-profit corporation, established in 1946. The membership consists of nearly 14,000 professional women of color in 281 chapters located in 41 states, the District of Columbia and the Commonwealth of the Bahamas.
It is one of the nation’s oldest and largest volunteer service organizations of extraordinary women who are committed to enriching, sustaining and ensuring the culture and economic survival of African Americans and other persons of African ancestry.
The members of The Links, Incorporated are influential decision makers and opinion leaders.The Links, Inc. has attracted many distinguished women who are individual achievers and have made a difference in their communities and the world. They are business and civic leaders, role models, mentors, activists and volunteers who work towards a common vision by engaging like-minded organizations and individuals for partnership.
Links members contribute more than 500,000 documented hours of community service annually – strengthening their communities and enhancing the nation. The organization is the recipient of awards from the UN Association of New York and the Leon H. Sullivan Foundation for its premier programs. For more information visit www.linksinc.org.
After years of nurturing friendship and developing rewarding community programming, the Jackson County (MO) Chapter of The Links, Incorporated was chartered on July 25, 1981 by the 7th National President, Dr. Julia B. Purnell.
Today, the membership of the Jackson County (MO) Links, Incorporated is made up of dozens of women from the Kansas City area who all strive to make their community a better place.
The Jackson County (MO) Chapter of The Links, Inc. was established under the authority of The Links, Incorporated, an international service organization founded on Nov. 9, 1946, by Mrs. Sarah S. Scott and Mrs. Margaret R. Hawkins in Philadelphia, Pennylvania.
Inez Y. Kaiser, Chapter Organizer, formed an interest group comprised of outstanding women from the Kansas City area to charter the chapter. Included in this distinguished group of 21 ladies were:
Mary Lynn Clark
Myrtle John Anderson
Our Past Presidents
S. Marie McCarther
Melonie Davis Jones